December 2021 David Williams is pleased to announce that BursarSearch will helping the ISBA to set up ISBA Recruitment. Having recruited 30 bursars during the past 5 years the timing is right to take the recruitment of bursars to the next stage. For further information on recruitment please either call John Murphie of the ISBA or email recruiting @theisba.org.uk BursarSearch is now recruiting for a Director of Finance and Operations for Rupert House, Henley – a gem of a school growing strongly David Williams has been asked to advise on getting the right support organisation in place for a significant day school in Surrey
Edge Grove, a highly successful prep school in South Hertfordshire with over 500 pupils has asked David Williams to recruit for a new bursar, replacing the current bursar who has successfully guided the school to a strong financial position during the past 13 years. Ashford School in Kent has appointed BursarSearch to find a new bursar due the retirement of the current bursar. Ashford is one of the premier schools within United Learning.
The Governors of Sarum Hall, a charming prep school in North London has asked David Williams to advise on recruiting a new bursar replacing the current bursar who has gained promotion at a new school
The Royal School, now part of United Learning, has approached Bursar Search to recruit for a new bursar to help manage the school consolidating from two sites onto one.
Following on from the successful appointment of a Director of Finance at King’s School Worcester, BursarSearch is now looking for an experienced Director of Operations also reporting to the Head.
BursarSearch has been appointed to find a bursar for Upton House, Windsor. Upton House is a highly successful school which has provided an outstanding online method on education during the last few months.
BursarSearch has also been appointed to recruit for a bursar for Ashfold School, situated in a delightful country setting in Buckinghamshire.
BursarSearch celebrated its 4th anniversary in May 2020. David Williams has now recruited 20 bursars, of which the vast majority remain in post working well with Heads and Governing Bodies.
The COVID crisis has resulted in most bursars staying in situ, working incredibly hard to focus on keeping their school running. Bursars have been successful in this and David has been able to help and advise where appropriate.
While not mainstream, 2 interim roles for bursars were successfully filled during the Spring of 2020
- Supporting the new Head, an experienced bursar has now been recruited for Alton School
- Edgeborough School approached BursarSearch to find a new bursar with strong financial skills, and she has now been appointed and will start in the Spring
- BursarSearch has now filled 20 vacancies within independent schools, and is very much established as an established organisation dedicated to helping schools recruit the best bursars
- BursarSearch has now recruited a new bursar for St Paul’s Girls’ School, London. The successful candidate has a good combination of financial and commercial awareness, as well as a strong empathy towards the ethos of the School.
- Lincoln Minster School, part of United Learning, has now appointed a new bursar. The successful candidate has a Services background along with a financial qualification.
- A prestigious all girls’ school in South England needed an experienced interim bursar. While placing interim bursars is not something BursarSearch normally does, David was aware of a good candidate who has now been placed.
- BursarSearch is currently recruiting for a bursar for Alton School.
- David was requested to undertake an organisational review of the non teaching structure of a highly prestigious International School, UK based.
- A further appraisal at a large public school was completed.
- BursarSearch is now recruiting for a prestigious prep school, Edgeborough, in Farnham. With a recently appointed Headmaster the school is experiencing a strong period of growth
- David Williams has now completed 20 searches for a new bursar. This demonstrates that BursarSearch is now a serious player in the market for bursar recruitment
- Following on from recruiting a new bursar at Ashford School, United Learning asked David to recruit for a new bursar for Hampshire Collegiate School, and search resulted in a successful candidate being appointed.
- A prestigious London day school as asked David Williams to advise on organisational structure, and to finds ways to best manage the increase in cost arising out of Teachers Pension Scheme changes.
- BursarSearch has recruited a new bursar for Ashford School, a major day & boarding school in Kent, and part of United Learning.
- 2 large historic public schools requested David Williams to handle a series of staff appraisals on key support staff Directors. As part of this review organisational implications were considered at both schools.
- York House Preparatory School, Rickmansworth have asked BursarSearch to find a new bursar who is now in place.
The Head and Governors of HMC school Cokethorpe, Whitney, were looking to replace their long serving bursar of 23 years. A qualified accountant was the preferable solution and BursarSearch was able to provide a shortlist of 4 qualified professionals with the successful appointee coming from a local independent school.
Reflecting the needs of the school, the prestigious prep school, Orley Farm, Harrow, needed a Director of Finance and Operations and a new appointee joined to take up her position at the beginning of the Autumn term.
Dover College approaches BursarSearch to handle a full organisational review of the school’s support structure, as well as recruit for a new bursar. The recruitment process focused on the College’s need with high calibre ex Sevices lady appointed bursar. The relationship with the school is continuing with David providing some coaching and advisory services throughout the latter part of 2018.
A Governor approached BursarSearch in January 2018 to recruit for a bursar at St Francis’ College, Letchworth. The school needed someone with sound financial and commercial skills and a chartered accountant was appointed.
The specialist accountancy firm, haysmacintyre, asks David to write for their ISBA magazine about the importance of bursar appraisals. This can be accessed here.
July 2017 BursarSearch was asked by HMC to support Clayesmore School, Dorset. An experienced bursar was appointed though David acted as interim bursar between her appointment and retirement of the incumbent bursar.
David Williams handled an organisational review at a larger all girls school in Hertfordshire.
January 2017 : BursarSearch were appointed to advise on organisational structure at Moira House Girls school
February 2017 : Holme Grange have appointed BursarSearch to undertake a search process in order to recruit for a new bursar
February 2017 : A prestigious prep school has approached David to undertake a full review of staff benefits
Through a recommendation from a City bank, BursarSearch was appointed to advise Moira House School, Eastbourne. Work concentrated on looking at the organisational structure, as well as making a series of financial recommendations to improve profitability.
Holme Grange, Bracknell have appointed BursarSearch to undertake a search process in order to recruit for a new bursar starting Spring 2017
A prestigious prep school approached David to undertake a full review of staff benefits, looking at market trends within schools, as well as housing benefits.
David Williams prepares a detailed report on the organisational structure at a prestigious London School. This involved an in depth review of organisations at two schools in order to fully optimise for the future. With ongoing affordability issues, Governors were keen to have in place a lean effective and cost efficient organisation.
BursarSearch advises St Catherine’s Twickenham with the recruitment of an Assistant Bursar
David undertakes the whole recruitment process resulting in a successful appointment of a new bursar at Elstree School
David undertakes an organisational review at Chigwell School, and joins the Head in appointing a new bursar – an ex City professional
After failing to get a candidate using the traditional head hunter route, BursarSearch was retained to recruit for a new bursar at the City of London School, resulting in a successful appointment from the City in August 2016. David acted as Interim bursar for several months throughout the summer of 2016 managing a major capital programme.
Following on from the bursar recruitment at the City of London School, BursarSearch was retained to recruit for an HR Manager/Assistant Bursar – HR.